15 Days Imperial Cities
|| Detailed tour information :
Day 1 : Marrakech - Casablanca - Rabat.
Day 2 : Rabat - Meknes - Volubilis - Fes.
Day 3 : Fes.
Day 4 : Fes - Chefchaoue.
Day 5 : Chefchaouen - Ifran - Azrou - Midelt.
Day 6 : Midelt - Errachidia - Erfoud - Merzouga Desert.
Day 7 : Merzouga - Erg Chebbi.
Day 8 : Merzouga - Todra Gorges - Dades.
Day 9 : Dades - Roses Valley - Skoura - Ouarzazate.
Day 10 : Ouarzazate - Agdez - Zagoura - Chegaga Dunes.
Day 11 : Chegaga - Foum Zguit - Taznakhte - Ouarzazate.
Day 12 : Ouarzazate - Fint Oasis - Ait Ben Haddou - Marrakech.
Day 13 : Marrakech.
Day 14 : Marrakech - Essaouira - Marrakech.
Day 15 : Marrakech - Imlil - Marrakech.
Day 16 : Transfer to the Airport.
Day 1 : Marrakech - Casablanca - Rabat. :
● Upon arrival at Menara Airport in Marrakech, the desert trips Morocco begins with the economic capital of Morocco, the famous city of Casablanca. You will then visit the impressive mosque Hassan II and the Atlantic Ocean. Shortly after, the tour departs to Rabat, the capital of Morocco. In Rabat, you can see the mausoleum of the late King Mohamed V. Nearby is the Hassan tower and the Oudayas Kasbah, overlooking the mouth of the Bou Regreg River. Drive to The Hotel, dinner and your first sleep in Morocco.
Day 2 : Rabat - Meknes - Volubilis - Fes. :
● The tour heads on to Meknes to explore the old medina. The former Imperial City of Meknes had its golden age during the 17th century during the reign of King Moulay Ismail. The Tomb of Moulay Ismail, the Granary, the Square of Lehdim, and the most beautiful City Gate in Morocco, Bab al Mansour, are some of the architectural landmarks that can be seen in Meknes. Be sure to also visit the House of Water ( Dar el Ma ). Lunch and continue the tour on the road to Fes. Dinner and night in a Riad.
Day 3 : Fes. :
● After a strong breakfast in your riad , the tour will begin with our local guided tour of the Fes medina. Fes is Morocco’s oldest Imperial city, and the cultural centre of the country. It was founded shortly when the Arabs swept across North Africa and Iberian Peninsula. Spend the morning exploring the ramparts of Fes, the Tomb of the Merinids and a chance to visit to the King’s Palace. After lunch in the medina, the tour will continue, visiting La Mederssa Attarine, the Nejjarine fountain, and the mosques of El Karaouyine, as well as the Medersa Bou Inania, and Baba Jloud. Return to your hotel in the evening. Dinner and night in a Riad.
Day 4 : Fes - Chefchaoue. :
● We will drive to the north of Morocco through the Rif Mountains, arriving at Chefchaouen. The evening will be dedicated to exploring the simply but beautiful city of Chefchaouen where everything is set dramatically against the mountains. Get your cameras ready! Its blue-tinted houses and cobbled streets with mountainous backdrop create a tranquil and photographic setting. Spend the night in Chefchaouen.
Day 5 : Chefchaouen - Ifran - Azrou - Midelt. :
● The tour will then leave Chefchaouen, travelling towards Ifran, a beautiful mountains village, referred to as “the Switzerland of Morocco” and then on to Midelt. During this journey you’ll experience glimpses of the Middle Atlas and Higher Atlas mountains. At the top, the tour will make a short stop in Azrou, a Berber village in the middle of the famous cedar forest – the largest in Morocco – where you may see Barbary apes. Crossing the deep forest, the desert trips Morocco continues to Midelt along the magnificent hills and mountains of the Atlas.
Day 6 : Midelt - Errachidia - Erfoud - Merzouga Desert. :
● In the morning you will travel to Merzouga through the fascinating Tiz Ntalghamt pass and the Ziz Canyon , along the impressive views of the High Atlas plateau. You’ll notice how the scenery changes to reveal hints of the desert as you approach the city of Errachidia. Here you will have lunch and enjoy the Berber hospitality. Afterwards, you will travel along the luxuriant Ziz Valley, stopping for panoramic views along the way to Erfoud and Rissani. Arrive at Merzouga on the afternoon. You’ll be welcomed with a glass of mint tea before you check in to your hotel. Night at Hotel
Day 7 : Merzouga - Erg Chebbi. :
● A full day in the Sahara Desert awaits you! You’ll be in a Berber village of the Sahara and listen to the Gnaoua music in a African village. Continue through to see the nomads of the desert under their tents. In the evening you’ll be back to your hotel and from there you will take your camel deep into the dunes of Erg Chebbi. Night under traditional Nomad camp.
Day 8 : Merzouga - Todra Gorges - Dades. :
● Wake up early to see the beautiful sunrise atop the high sand dunes. Take your camel back to your hotel where you will have breakfast. Continue to Todra Gorges via Rissani, stopping for to visit the Zaouia of Moulay Ali Sherif (mausoleum of the dynasty’s founder) and enjoy the local market day in Rissani to see the traditional souks. Arrive at the canyons of Todra and check-in.
Day 9 : Dades - Roses Valley - Skoura - Ouarzazate. :
● After breakfast, walk between the gorges and explore on your own, before heading to Ouarzazate. The tour will travel off-road, on which you will have the chance to appreciate the tranquillity of the mountains populated by Berber nomads. Explore a new sense of daily life. Arrive in Ouarzazate and check into hotel.
Day 10 : Ouarzazate - Agdez - Zagoura - Chegaga Dunes. :
● We start early morning towards the village of Agdz to take the road to Tizi n’Tinififft Pass at 1660m altitude and arrive in the Agdz stop for coffee. As we cross the Draa Valley, be sure to check the amazing palm plantations and ksours. Arrive in Zagora. Lunch in local restaurant.After lunch we drive to Tamegroute to visit the ancient Zaouia, the old Koranic Library, pottery artisans and the underground Kasbah. Road to Tagouenite Oasis by Ait Isfould. Arrival at M’hamid. We then travel down the Desert road to Chegaga dunes and enjoy the sunset. Dinner and night in the camp.
Day 11 : Chegaga - Foum Zguit - Taznakhte - Ouarzazate. :
● Early morning rise, so you can enjoy sunrise in Chegaga Dunes. After breakfast we leave to Foum Zguit passing nomad tribes in tents. Visit to Iriqui dry lake and the desert plateau of Akassia. Quick lunch in the Oasis. Return to Ouarzazate around 18:00. Dinner and night in the hotel.
Day 12 : Ouarzazate - Fint Oasis - Ait Ben Haddou - Marrakech. :
● We drive to Fint Oasis , Visit a Berber family , then on to the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Ait Ben Haddou village. Here, many Hollywood movies were filmed. Visit the Kasbah, lunch in a traditional restaurant, and then continue to Marrakech via the Tizi-n-Tichka Pass over the High Atlas Mountains. Arriving to Marrakech a truly unique city, and check into the riad.
Day 13 : Marrakech. :
● In Marrakech (UNESCO World Heritage site) you have a free day to visit the city, several monuments and markets with local guide. Night in the riad.
Day 14 : Marrakech - Essaouira - Marrakech. :
● Take this opportunity to explore the town of Essaouira, visit the Portuguese Port, discover the ancient medina, Kechla ( a mighty fortification ), Skala ( a huge line of cannons aiming at the sea and where Orson Wells filmed one of his movies ) and o f course, the beautiful beaches. The tour will head back to Marrakech in the evening. Night in the riad.
Day 15 : Marrakech - Imlil - Marrakech. :
● Day trip to Imlil, one of the best spots in Morocco to trek, near the peak of Mt. Toubkal (4167m). Lunch at the kasbah Toubkal. Drive back to Marrakech. Night in the riad.
Day 16 : Transfer to the Airport. :
● We hope that you will join us in this amazing adventure in Morocco and have a great time with Ligne d’Aventure!
Tours 4X4 :
● Our tours are made with our brand new fleet of 4×4 that offer the best comfort and safety on Moroccan roads.
● Tour prices include transport in 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser GX, fuel, driver and half-board accommodation in 3 stars and 4 stars quality hotels. Our departure cities are usually Marrakech or Ouarzazate but we are also open to other pick-up services in other cities in Morocco.
● Please contact us for further details on this request.
Gallery Photos :
|| 15 Days Imperial Cities & Desert Tour :
: Our proposed Moroccan trips can be modified
according to your needs and requirements.
: The price rates of many hotels and riads are
seasonal. If you provide the period in which you
plan to visit our country and the number of persons
and if there is a prefered hotel/riad, we can give
you the most correct rates. Tell us all about it on
our contact page.