By Ligne d'Aventure | November 23rd, 2015 |
A visit to the Moroccan Sahara desert is definitely an experience everyone should have at least once in their lifetime. It is a journey well worth the effort and you will have fond memories to last you forever. Imagine yourself on top a camel, trekking through the Sahara desert. There is nothing around you and all you can hear are the footsteps of the camel on the soft sand. The sky is vast and clear in the day and filled with millions of bright stars at night. It is a very peaceful experience, one raley known to most of the Western World.
This is a private tour and you travel at your own pace, stopping as you wish, to discover Morocco.
Day 1: Marrakech – Ouarzazate – Ait Ben Haddou Amrydil – Dades ( 314 KM ).
Depart Marrakech and travel over the Tizi n’Tichka Pass while enjoying superb views of the High Atlas Mountains and of the Berber villages. Stop for lunch and tour the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Aït Benhaddou that is situated on a hill along the Ouarzazate River. This beautiful example of southern Moroccan architecture has been used as a backdrop for over 20 films including Lawrence of Arabia, Jewel of the Nile, The Mummy, and Gladiator. You will continue towards the El Kelaa M’gouna (Valley of the Roses), and the Dadès Valley (Valley of One Thousand Kasbahs). Stay overnight in a hotel right by the Dadès Gorges and enjoy the evening with a Moroccan dinner. 4 stars Hotel . Or 2 stars Hotel .
Day 2: Dades – Todra Gorges – Erfoud – Merzouga ( 275 KM ).
After breakfast you will depart for Todra Gorges. Its 20 m/66 ft wide entrance, bubbling clear stream and its 304 m/1000 ft high rock walls stretch 99 m/325 ft back on either side and is the most stunning part of the canyon. The narrow valley is lined with palmery and up on the rocks you may see the Nomad families tending sheep and goats. Perhaps, you will spot the eagles that nest in the Todra and other amazing birds. You will have lunch in the Gorge, travel further into the desert to the tiny village of Merzouga, where you will camel trek into the beautiful Erg Chebbi Dunes. You will spend the evening in a bivouac (camp) or DESERT HOTEL , enjoy a Moroccan dinner, and sleep in traditional Nomad camel hair tent .
Day 3:Merzouga – Alnif – Agdez- Ouarzazate – Marrakech ( 564 KM ).
Wake-up to a spectacular sunrise in the desert and enjoy breakfast. Bivouac trekkers will return by camel and continue to Ouarzazate and back over the high Atlas Mountains. Arrive Marrakech early evening.
* General Information :
– Duration : 3 Days / 2 Nights .
– Starting point : Your Riad / Hotel, Marrakech.
– Finishing point: Your Riad / Hotel, Marrakech.
* Extra Information :
– Private A/C 4×4 car with driver + fuel.
– English speaking guide during the tour.
– Pick up & Drop off at your Marrakech accommodation.
– Ensuite rooms with A/C in typical hotels, Kasbahs & Riads with dinner and breakfast (Vegetarians are welcome).
– Camel Trek to overnight in nomad desert bivouac with guide (Private tents).
– Free time to explore the sites such as Ait Benhaddou, kasbah, Walks, Canyons, Breaks for photos,..Etc.
– Your Hotel in Marrakech / Tip and Soft Drinks /Lunches during the tour.
– Personal Travel Insurance . / Entrance fees (kasbah, libraries, museums….).